Nimway® is our high capacity, quick make-up riser connector, designed for CWOR (completion & workover riser) applications.
Nimway’s novel tensioned sleeve design evolved from SRP’s experience designing high pressure dynamic flanges: the array of tightened bolts in a conventional flange is replaced by a single stretched sleeve. Preloading is achieved by applying direct hydraulic force and the sleeve is locked in place with the collar.
- Full preload.
- No torque.
- No galling.
- No error.
All functions are automated on SRP’s spider and make-up tool, which maximises safety and enables an equivalent make-up speed to a threaded connector.
Qualifications & design path
- 5″ and 7″ 10ksi API Spec 17G WD7 Qualified (full Annex I testing)
- Open water and in-riser CWOR, with designs and qualification plans to ISO 13628-7, API 17G and API TR8 for 5” and 7” up to 20ksi in water depths to 3,000m.
- High pressure drilling riser connector for 19.25″ and 15ksi WP operation.
- Nimway provides the security of a flange but with far fewer components and simplified make-up. The connector is being developed further for high pressure and dynamically loaded permanent subsea connections.
- Dual bore
- Non-rotating connection
- Quick make-up
- Stronger than the pipe
- Metal-metal seal and dual elastomer backup
- Available as weld on or integrally forged
- Also available as a crossover from your preferred T&C connection
- Repairable Inconel weld clad seal pockets
- Replaceable Inconel seal ring
- Replaceable fasteners
- Fully compliant with NACE / ISO 15156-2
- Nimway is not torqued, giving +/-2.5% make-up accuracy (10x better than T&C or drillpipe connections)
- Virtually unlimited make/breaks.
- Low geometric SAF (2.5) for enhanced fatigue life.
- 2 minute make up using SRP’s automated spider and make-up tool
NIMWAY is patented technology under European patent EP2831478 B1 and U.S. patent 9,650,845.
NIMWAY is a Registered Trade Mark of Subsea Riser Products Limited.