Nimway® is our high capacity, quick make-up riser connector, designed for CWOR (completion & workover riser) applications. It features metal sealing and exceptionally high bending and tension capacity for its size.
Nimway’s novel tensioned sleeve design evolved from SRP’s experience designing high pressure dynamic flanges: the array of tightened bolts in a conventional flange is replaced by a single stretched sleeve. Preloading is achieved by applying direct hydraulic force and the sleeve is locked in place with the collar.
- Full preload.
- No torque.
- No galling.
- No error.
All functions are automated on SRP’s spider and make-up tool, which maximises safety and enables an equivalent make-up speed to a threaded connector.
Qualifications & design path
- 5″ and 7″ 10ksi API Spec 17G WD7 Qualified (full Annex I testing)
- Open water and in-riser CWOR, with designs and qualification plans to ISO 13628-7, API 17G and API TR8 for 5” and 7” up to 20ksi in water depths to 3,000m.
- High pressure drilling riser connector for 19.25″ and 15ksi WP operation.
- Nimway provides the security of a flange but with far fewer components and simplified make-up. The connector is being developed further for high pressure and dynamically loaded permanent subsea connections.
- Dual bore
- Single bore
- Non-rotating connection
- Quick make-up
- Stronger than the pipe
- Large internal drift, limited external drift
- High bending locations
- Metal-metal seal and dual elastomer backup
- Available as weld on or integrally forged
- Also available as a crossover from your preferred T&C connection
- Repairable Inconel weld clad seal pockets
- Replaceable Inconel seal ring
- Replaceable fasteners
- Fully compliant with NACE / ISO 15156-2
- Nimway is not torqued, giving +/-2.5% make-up accuracy (10x better than T&C or drillpipe connections)
- Virtually unlimited make/breaks.
- Low geometric SAF (2.5) for enhanced fatigue life.
- 2 minute make up using SRP’s automated spider and make-up tool
- Up to 90ft welded riser joints, so only one third of the connections
NIMWAY is patented technology under European patent EP2831478 B1 and U.S. patent 9,650,845.
NIMWAY is a Registered Trade Mark of Subsea Riser Products Limited.