Evolved from Rocksteady’s proven high capacity collet locking mechanism; this ATEX handling tool can lift, fill and pressure test large diameter risers. It uses the same high capacity collet locking mechanism to lock into a machined groove in the bore of the riser.
This mechanism, coupled with SRP’s proprietary locking profile in the flange and optional bore seal, the tool offers maximum security with higher load and pressure testing capability.
The tool is designed and manufactured to API Spec 7K and API Spec 8C (ISO 13535) to 350t SWL (higher load ratings available). We have also supplied lifting and handling tools that interface with flange bolts, wellheads and API clamp hubs.
- Drilling risers.
- Stress and tension joints.
- Drilling adaptor joints.
- Subsea installation, including trees and wellheads.
- Piles and conductors with handling grooves.
- Balanced CoG and nose cone for easy horizontal and vertical installation
- Clear visual indication and manual position lock
- Fail safe hydraulic lock
- Adaptable to a range of bore diameters and operations
- Ideal for handling joints with wellhead profiles: separate lock on ID groove and protects seal areas
- Optional riser fill, gasket retention and pressure testing capability