It is used for rapid disconnection of mooring lines subsea, typically for weather and iceberg avoidance, or pre-lay mooring relocation, in MODU applications.
Rocksteady QD is equipped with a Teledyne Marine acoustic modem and an advanced control system that monitors the connector condition and line tension, and releases each connector at the push of a button at any load.
- ABS and DNV type approval for use in temporary mooring (76mm – 84mm, up to R5 chain)
- Release at any load: 900t MBL and 900t release capability
- Modern touchscreen control
- Compact size – quarter of the weight of our competitors
- Release in groups, all together or in sequence
- Digital signal encryption
- Unique addresses
- Redundant release energy isolation
- Frequency hopping to avoid signal interference
- 6km signal range (up to 10km)
- Network relay mode
- Up to 5 years battery life
The 900t MBL connector is made for DNV GL OS E302 and ABS Chain Code R5 type approved material, enabling full class compliance of the mooring system.
We have completed a battery of release tests from 0% to 100% MBL, with a test program approved and witnessed by DNV and ABS. The connectors are now in production, please contact us to find out more.
ROCKSTEADY is patented technology under European patent EP2800685 B1 and U.S. patent no. 10,144,488.
ROCKSTEADY is a Registered Trade Mark of Subsea Riser Products Limited.